Lower part of the cross
- Inv. #
- М-97
- Century
- 19th century
- Dimensions
- h-12,5 см, d-21 см
- Materials
Description
The lower part of the cross is made of silver- and gold-toned metal, decorated with medallions and a floral ornament, with a donor's inscription around the edge. It has a stepped form with a round base, six-lobed, in two tiers. The lower tier alternates gold-toned insets with cartouches of the same color, bordered by a floral ornament. Above it is a stepped band; the upper tier repeats the decoration of the lower one, with a silver-toned garland on the gold-toned metal insets. Around the edge is the Church Slavonic inscription: "This cross was erected through the effort of the priest Lev Sediukov, at the expense of benefactors, and the gilded base was made by Tykhon Bezus, a resident of Sloboda, on March 19, 1801."
The lower part of the cross was made in 1801.
The lower part of the cross belonged to the pre-war collection of the Sloboda Ukraine Museum named after H. S. Skovoroda. During the Second World War it was evacuated and returned to Kharkiv in November 1944.